WE:LEAD (Women Empowered : Leading, Educating and Developing) offers educational and social opportunities for women in business. These events are held quarterly at locations in Grove City and are a great way for businesswomen to network and learn. Check out the events calendar for upcoming WE:LEAD events.
WHAT DOES WE:LEAD DO?
WE: LEAD has exciting plans! Through the WE:LEAD event series, the group offers professional development opportunities aimed to educate and empower women in business, advance women’s leadership, inspire conversation and connections, and promote development and growth among business women in the Grove City area.
- Lunch and Learn Events: Past topics include What is Working with Networking, Are You Smarter Than Your Smart Phone? and more!
- Working Women’s Wine Down: A relaxing, but fun evening of networking and conversation.
- Meet the Authors: A meet and greet to celebrate local women authors
- An Affair of the Heart: Tips on how to be heart healthy while balancing work and play.
- Holiday Shop Hop: A special evening of shopping at locally owned Grove City retailers
In 2014, the WE:LEAD Steering Committee launched an annual WE:LEAD Forum, considered the signature event of the WE:LEAD program. The half-day event provides a more comprehensive networking and professional development opportunity that focuses on women in business related topics. Each year, the event features a dynamic keynote presentation and incorporates numerous break out sessions led by respected women business leaders from Grove City and around central Ohio, allowing you to select programs that matter to you.
The WE:LEAD steering committee of the Grove City Area Chamber of Commerce is a group of enthusiastic volunteers dedicated to providing quality professional development opportunities that focus on issues facing women in business today. The WE:LEAD committee actively addresses the Chamber’s mission of creating a positive environment for the development and success of business, with the added focus of empowering women in the workplace. WE:LEAD will work collaboratively with the Chamber’s education committee to cultivate the resources and learning opportunities in highest demand to our members.