This program will challenge you and develop your leadership skills through facilitated programs that focus on community involvement, ethics, and team building, while providing you with a greater knowledge about the history of the community. Participants also work together to plan and execute a community service project.
In 1997, the Grove City Area Chamber of Commerce developed the concept of a leadership program for the Southwest Area that would help identify and equip emerging leaders for service roles in the community.
More than 200 individuals have completed the program to date, acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to serve as community leaders. As a result, lasting relationships have been cultivated that continue to serve as building blocks for our community.
• To provide information on community institutions’ needs, processes, issues, and opportunities
• To introduce leadership styles and skills needed in different organizations
• To stimulate a higher level of interest in community affairs
• To create an environment for positive team interaction to work toward a common goal
Benefits to Employers:
• Development of their employees’ leadership skills, to enhance their effectiveness in the workplace
• An increase in employees’ networking and team building abilities
• Improved business environment through better understanding of the community as a whole
Areas of Focus Include:
• Community Involvement
• Team Building
• History of Grove City
• Government Issues and Processes
• Leadership Styles and Skills